IMPACT – Impact Evaluation of the EU-IOM Joint Initiative Programme for Migrant Protection and Reintegration (Horn of Africa) aims to evaluate the impact of the programme on returnees’ reintegration; to improve the understanding of the concept and measurement of sustainable reintegration and design a robust methodological approach that can provide a standard for evaluation of future reintegration programmes.
This methodological report sets out how the IMPACT team will fulfil the terms of reference (ToR) for IMPACT – Impact Evaluation of the EU-IOM Joint Initiative Programme for Migrant Protection and Reintegration (Horn of Africa). The report aims to:
- Clarify the background to IMPACT, its purpose, scope and objectives
- Summarise the EU-IOM Joint Initiative (HoA), the operating contexts and any implications for IMPACT
- Better understand the issues of measuring sustainable reintegration, the current survey tools used by IOM and provide recommendations for improvements
- Illustrate the proposed evaluation design and methodology.
- Outline IMPACT management.
- Detail the implementation plan.
The report aims to provide the evidence needed to allow assessment of the credibility and robustness of the proposed methodology.