Are you a young and/or emerging M&E professional looking to build your skills around participatory and inclusive MEL? Want to network with fellow emerging evaluators from around the world?
The gLOCAL Evaluation Week is taking place between 31 May and 3 June online and we are hosting two workshops as part of it.
The workshops will focus on:
- Inclusive and participatory data collection (3:30 pm – 6:00 pm BST on June 1st)
- Inclusive and participatory data analysis, synthesis and dissemination (12:00 pm – 2:30 pm BST on June 4th)
The workshops will provide young and emerging evaluators with the opportunity to:
- reflect on the practical and methodological implications of current debates on participatory methods in a remote world;
- share ideas in a constructive and creative way;
- network with and learn from peers from around the world; and
- win a one-year membership to the UK Evaluation Society, (allowing access to high-quality MEL events and networking).
Both sessions will involve interactive group exercises, where participants will have to work together to come up with solutions to a hypothetical project situation. They will present their solution in a plenary, demonstrating that it is effective, innovative and inclusive. A panel of judges will select a winner from each workshop and award a prize to the best team out of the final two.
After taking part in competitions for young evaluators in 2020, Giovanna Voltolina and Fernanda Pinheiro Sequeira are leading the two workshops at gLOCAL. Giovanna and Fernanda will be using their experience from these competitions to facilitate interactive sessions, where participants can make new connections, as well as develop new skills. Itad is committed to involving young and emerging professionals in shaping the development sector and fosters a culture of learning both internally and with partners.
The gLOCAL Evaluation Week is a platform for evaluation knowledge-sharing and networking events. It was set up to promote evidence-based policymaking and improve development outcomes.