11 January 2023, 15:00 UK GMT Online
Health systems play a vital role in ensuring sustainable improvements to health outcomes. However, investment in health systems requires better methods for evaluating and understanding its effects, so that Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) investments can be better designed, understood and managed.
To help address this, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation established the Health Systems Strengthening Evaluation Collaborative (HSSEC), an initiative led by Itad.
The Collaborative convened three groups of stakeholders to identify problems with current HSS evaluation approaches and collectively build and execute an agenda for improvements (governments and development practitioners at the country level, key donors that fund HSS investments, and leading academics in HSS evaluation)
During this event, we will share findings and recommendations from this multi-stakeholder project and invite reflections from the wider HSS community.
- Alex de Jonquieres, Director of Health System Strengthening, Gavi
- Kieran Daly, Director of Global Funds and Agencies, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Mai Hijazi, Director of the Office of Health Systems, USAID Bureau for Global Health
- Peter Meredith Hansen, Head of Results, Global Financing Facility
- Shun Mabuchi, Head of Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health, The Global Fund
Our esteemed panel of speakers will also be joined by HSSEC members:
- Sam McPherson
- Bola Oyeledun,
- Natasha Palmer
This event is open to all. Please register in advance to attend.
For more information please contact: Fernanda.PinheiroSequeira@itad.com