This year, we have won and are leading a number of exciting multi-year evaluations through DFID’s Global Evaluation Framework (GEFA), DFID’s new central framework for contracting most of its evaluation work. Some of these include an Evaluation Management Unit for FoodTrade East & Southern Africa, Assessing Value for Money in DFID’s Health Portfolio across States in India and an Evaluation of the China-UK Global Health Support Programme (GHSP).
We are working with Oxford Policy Management (OPM) on an Evaluation of the Child Development Grants Cash Transfers Pilot in Northern Nigeria; and an Evaluation of two of DFID’s health frameworks: Results for Malaria and Improving Reproductive, Maternal and New-born health in the developing world.
Other projects include:
- Evaluation Management Unit for DFID Tanzania’s New Growth Programmes
- Impact Evaluation of Peace and Community Safety in Somalia and Somaliland
- Evaluation of DFID’s Humanitarian Innovation & Evidence Programme (HIEP)
We have also started other work with DFID this year. We are leading the evaluation of DFID’s Access and Beneficiary Feedback Pilots Programme and the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Component of DFID’s Rural Access Programme in Nepal. We are also providing M&E and results management support to DFID’s Market Development Programme in Northern Ghana (MADE).
Other work that has started this year with DFID includes:
- We are leading the Monitoring and Evaluation of the Implementation of the Forest Governance, Markets and Climate Programme
- We are providing strategic Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) services for DFID’s Business Innovation Facility (BIF2) programme
Our portfolio of European contracts continues to grow. We are conducting a large thematic Evaluation of EU support to gender since 2007, commissioned jointly by the EC and Member States, and two new evaluations for Norad (an Evaluation of their Training for Peace Programme) and the Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (an Evaluation of Peace and Development in Finland’s Development Cooperation).
Our relationship with philanthropic foundations continues to develop as well. The Rockefeller Foundation has recently awarded us $800,000 in grant funding to deliver strategic advisory services in the fields of impact evaluation and measuring resilience as well as to conduct a synthesis review on the critical success factors in small-scale coastal fisheries management; while the MacArthur Foundation has commissioned us to undertake a series of assignments to provide advisory support to justice and security grantholders in Nigeria.
Other projects include:
- We are leading a formative evaluation of UNICEF’s Monitoring Results for Equity System (MoRES) Approach
- We are leading two evaluations for the EC: one of their country strategy in Yemen; the other of support to gender equality and women’s empowerment globally
- We are leading a review of operational evaluations for AusAID as well as an evaluation of Norad’s systems and practices to ensure evaluability of Norwegian grants
Keep an eye on our website for updates on these projects or for more information on our latest work, please contact us.